Capabilities Delivered in WebSphere Commerce
Professional Version 5.6
Analytics and Business Intelligence
WebSphere Commerce Analyzer is now integrated with Tivoli(R) Web
Site Analyzer, allowing you to create reports based on its powerful click-stream
analysis capabilities. WebSphere Commerce Analyzer also includes redesigned
installation and configuration components, decreasing install time.
The help system for WebSphere Commerce has been replaced by an information
center, featuring advanced search, bookmark function, and roles-based information
Reference applications for CRM, ERP, and call center applications.
The promotions system has been completely redesigned and now it also supports
redemption limits and promotion codes.
A flexible display structure that allows you to associate products to more
than one category to suit the requirements of your store
Business User Interface
Main menu interface enhancements, efficiencies around managing bundles and
kits and merchandising associations.
Starter Stores Improvement
The starter store models for WebSphere Commerce have been re-written to make
them smaller and easier to customize, greatly improving your project time
WebSphere Commerce Payments
The 3-D Secure Merchant Plug in is now included with the installation
Capabilities Delivered in Prior Versions But Core
to Meeting Customer Requirements
Marketing and Merchandising
Deliver enhanced targeted e-mail campaign, advanced rules-based discounts
or promotions and improved tooling for merchandising associations such as
cross sells and up sells.
- E-mail support
- E-mail delivery of news and promotions
- Manage e-mail activities at store level instead of site level and view
statistics on e-mail activities
- Marketing campaigns
- Support e-mail as a campaign delivery mechanism
- Time sharing of multiple initiatives on same spot
- Advanced discounts and promotions
- Rules-based discount supports complex promotion models such as shipping
discount and buy one get one free
- Supports advanced scheduler for upcoming promotions
- Coupons enhancements
- Allow guest shoppers to capture and redeem eCoupons and manage eCoupons
using a coupon wallet
- Allow merchandiser to create eCoupons promotion, and manage eCoupon
promotion and modify eCoupon promotion terms
- Cross-sells and up-sells
- Enhancements in merchandising and campaigns tooling allow target product
to be recommended at runtime based on the content of the current page,
shopping cart and previous purchases
- Predefined merchandising associations in catalog
An interactive online product catalog that provides customers with different
ways of finding what they want, called shopping metaphors.
- Creating a search space - optimized parametric search
with focus on categories and base search space
- Creating the Product Exploration metaphor - view a list
of product which has matching parameter values within a
- Creating the Product Comparison metaphor - view the related
products side by side for similarities and differences
- Creating a Guided Sell metaphor - Provides a customer
a series of multiple choice questions to guide the customer
to refines their search to a smaller list of products.
Catalog Management Tooling
- Simplify product content management:
- Content Creation and Management allows users to perform
product and editorial content creation and management tasks
quickly and effectively.
- Bulk File Aggregation enhances bulk file management tools
to provide out-of-the-box support for importing content
from trading partners and bulk file import support to catalog
For enterprise needs:
- IBM WebSphere Business Integration support - Provide
a new transport mechanism used by subsystems to interact
with external systems through WebSphere Business Integration
- WebSphere Commerce Messaging system - existing WebSphere
Commerce Common Connector Framework is enhanced to support
Java 2 Enterprise Edition Connector Architecture (J2EE/CA)
standard including Java Mail Connector, JMS Connector and
- MQ Transport Adapter - upgrades to support J2EE/CA compliant
Live Help and Customer Care Collaboration
Offers an integrated out-of-the-box "live help" and customer
care functions based on Lotus(R) Sametime(R).
- Support multiple queues and provide enhanced capabilities
on queue management
- Support monitoring of customized customer attributes
in a store
- Support customer requests to be routed into queues
Analytics and Business Intelligence
- WebSphere(R) Commerce Analyzer is an analytical
solution packaged with WebSphere Commerce.
- WebSphere Commerce Analyzer enables WebSphere Commerce
customers to analyze information related to their customers'
e-commerce activities. WebSphere Commerce customers can
improve the effectiveness of their company's marketing
campaigns and promotions.
- A Business Intelligence (BI) infrastructure is integrated
with the following IBM Data Management programs:
- DB2(R) Universal Database(TM) Enterprise Server
- Intelligent Miner for Data V8.1
- A documented and customizable datamart.
- Extraction, transformation, move and load (ETML) functions
to extract and transform WebSphere Commerce operational
data sources using aggregation and summarizing techniques.
This now includes support for coupons, discounts and multiple
- Data mining models, which enable the analyzing of complex
data characterizations, relationships, and projections
with regard to customer segmentation.
- End-user Web analytical reporting enablement for WebSphere
Commerce's Reporting Framework.
Based on WebSphere Commerce Reporting Framework, the system can generate
reports in real time. These reports can provide useful information about
the sales, traffic, and customers from your site.
Tivoli Web Site Analyzer V4.2
Helps turn raw Web data into valuable e-business intelligence. It provides
you with a clear picture of the overall health and integrity of your e-business
infrastructure supporting business impact management.
WebSphere Commerce Payments
Provides a secure electronic payment process for Internet merchants through
a single, unified interface. Based on open standards technology, WebSphere
Commerce Payments works with plug-ins called "payment cassettes" to support
multiple payment protocols.
WebSphere Commerce provides the following:
- Organization and User Administration
- Problem Determination - automatically validates the correctness
of WebSphere Commerce Installation and instance creation
and JRas, the WebSphere Commerce logging infrastructure
consolidated with WebSphere Application Server to allow
for use of common tooling and to correlate logging data
throughout the system
- Performance Monitoring - Integrated use of WebSphere
Application Server PMI (Performance Monitoring Interface)
enabling WebSphere Commerce data to be viewed through the
Tivoli Performance Viewer.
Installation and configuration to ensure a system is installed correctly
and prerequisites are available:
- WebSphere Commerce and all its associated software is
installed through the WebSphere Commerce Install Shield
based on Install Shield for Multiplatform Edition.
- Configuration Manger supports remote machine configurations
and an addition of Password Manager Tool which lets you
to manage their WebSphere Commerce passwords from a single
- A new Problem Determination Tool, a Java-based
tool that analyzes the up and running logs and generates
reports for problem trouble shooting.
WebSphere Commerce can be the service provider by enabling its business functions
as Web services that can be accessed by external systems. Also, WebSphere
Commerce can be the service requester by enabling it to invoke Web services
hosted by external systems.
us if you want a team with experience to help launch
you into the e-marketplace.